Fried Bananas

There is this Chinese place around the corner and down the street from us that has these really good fried banana's. I think they might actually be plantains but whatever. I've really wanted to make them on my own for awhile now and finally have figured it out. If you do not like banana's this recipe is totally not for you. If you only sort of like banana's give this one a whirl. Here's how it goes...
4 Banana's
1 Orange cut in half
2 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Sugar

Heat frying pan to medium high heat and let the butter melt in the pan. Cut the banana's with a bias-cut at about 1 1/2 inches long. When butter is melted put the banana's in the pan and let the butter coat them. Within a few minutes you will see the banana's start to change color. At this point you don't want to wait because you can over cook them quickly. Sprinkle the sugar over the tops of the banana's then squeeze the juice from both sides of the orange into the pan again over the top of the banana's. The orange juice mixed with the sugar and butter will help them to caramelize and the banana's will start to have a bit of color. Watch them, they will turn mushy if over cooked. Once the juices start becoming a little thicker and the banana's have a little color on them take them out and serve promptly! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

No comments: